Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sharon's meatloaf- Noel

2 lbs of hamburger or more
1 egg if you have more hamburger maybe 2 eggs
Ketchup
1 Cup Bread Crumbs or more (I use Progresso Italian Style)
Salt to taste Pepper to taste
Onions (I use either onion powder or flakes) to taste
1 Can of tomato sauce or 2 cans if a big loaf (optional)
1 Can of green beans or 2 cans if a big loaf (optional)

I just mix all the above together except the tomato sauce and green beans. I add the bread crumbs and maybe 2 or more good squirts of ketchup and the egg. If I get to much ketchup I add more bread crumbs. I like it kind of moist. If you get it to dry just add more ketchup. Then I put into a pan and form a loaf and squirt more ketchup on top and cook 350° for about 45 to 1 hour depending on how big the loaf is. About 10 minutes before it is done. I sprinkle the drained green beans and cover that with the tomato sauce. Cook for the 10 minuets to warm up the beans. You do not have to put the beans in it if you don't want to. My kids love the beans they fight over them. The tomato sauce adds a great taste to them. The more moist the loaf is when it is cooking it won't be dry. So I use kind of a lot of ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment